Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Internship

Internship
Internship seems like a long term of training camp for me. It train the way I think, the way I work with people around me, and it actually show me who am I. I really appreciate that I being assigned to CBS team although throughout internship period, I did complain lots.
I was being offered by both Seagate and Altera Company at the early of April. However, I rejected Altera just because I don’t like the manager (quite funny + stupid reason). And after that I actually got a little bit regret to reject Altera just because such stupid reason. However, till the end, I still very grateful that I choose Seagate as my internship company. 
Although I being bully much in Seagate, but I cannot deny that I really learn much if compare with my friends. I was thrown as much as work that I able to do (just because they think I am capable enough). I was the busiest intern in Seagate. I seldom have the time to relax, to chat with other intern. What I always did during working time was face computer, chat with my end user and did coding. Crazy and I actually very jealous other intern as they have their own free time to watch movie, chat with others, scrolling fb during working hour. However, from what I heard from them, they also jealous of me as I can learn so much, able to teach people, able to communicate with end user throughout this period. Ya, I admit it, those are a very good and memorable experience for me. And I actually miss those moments in Seagate after my internship end. What a crazy thinking, I have a thinking want go back continue do coding and work together with my colleague. I think I should be crazy already as I have such thinking.
By the way, I think I miss moment in Seagate just because I got a very caring mentor. Her name is Mandy. She teach me lots of things although she always on leave or go training. Haha, I still remember my first month in Seagate; she got two week plus not coming working. She was the person always worry and encourage me to pick up the challenge. Give me to handle the project alone, to communicate with the end user alone, guide a new hire to handle a big application worry about me when I not concentrate with my things, and praise me in front of my manager. Even when she on vacation, she still come and check my progress, check on my presentation slide. All her action actually makes me feel warm. When I face any difficulties or cannot gain trust from project manager, she always are the one who help to explain and solve the things. She always says guiding me is her responsibility but I don’t think so. I was being assigned to under her, but she can just throw the task to me and dun care me anymore. She always busy with her task and still have to take care of me. Because of her, I feel like I not an intern but a part of Seagate employee. I being treat fairly and I able to behave like an employee. That is what I really feel touch and thanks to her sincerely.
Those moments in Seagate, I can say got up and down. I always the one who get play around by my colleagues, I am the joke during cbs weekly meeting, being fooled and get bullied. I cannot believe that, I get played until my farewell party. At that farewell party, I really can feel that my colleagues wish I can come back to work in Seagate again because I am one of their Pistachios. I thought I will be a different person, more mature when step in working environment. But from the way my colleague treat me, I seem like still a little girl in front of me.  A pure, silly, always smile, responsible, dedicated and always think about others girl. That is what they comment on me. It seem like no different with my behavior in uni. Dunno is a good thing or not. Haha…
Below is the message from my dearest mentor:
Dear Jenny:
We will surely miss you. Hope you enjoy your final year in USM before you step into working environment. I am so happy to have you as my teammate, a responsible, dedicated and quick learner. Continue your good spirit and wish you have a good future. Jiayou!!!
FROM your “best” mentor
Comment from my manager:
Chin Nei came to Seagate as an intern but in a short period of working exposure, she has ramped up her learning curve to learn Force.com development to be a full developer. She was given full exposure to software engineer's life for leading eLeave application right by adopting full Agile development lifecycle till application deployment. In that course of time, her communication skill and analytical skill improved vastly. She was able to articulate and participated actively in all the communications between with end users and put into perspective the right kind of development needed. She was quick to solve all tasks assigned to her. Her constant walkthrough with her mentor has increased her confidence and vastly improved her technical skills. I look forward to see her career growth with this kind of right aptitude.


I was very happy and appreciate that I have the chance to work with everyone in CBS team. Keep in touch. ^^

No comments: